Listening test: quality of a voice timbre transformation
contact : email@example.com
Thank you for your time! Please read carefully the following information before you start, even though you are used to doing such tests.
This test aims at evaluating the perceived quality of a voice timbre transformation to produce a mouth opening/closing effect.
Some of the sounds that you will hear are original unprocessed recordings of various sustained vowels from 2 singers.
Those original sounds have also been transformed in order to apply the desired timbre effect. This test aims at evaluating the quality of those transformations.
Those original and transformed sounds are presented to you in a random order.
You are asked to evaluate and score each sound on a 1 to 5 scale, where numbers correspond to the following labels:
A score of 1 thus corresponds to a highly degraded sound with very audible artifacts and/or an unnatural timbre, and a score of 5 corresponds to a perfectly natural-sounding sound,
for which no processing of any kind is perceived, as it should be the case for original recordings.
There is no "correct" answer. It is only about your subjective preference.
- If there is any technical problem (e.g. sound not playing) with one sound, select Prob. (please note that it may take a few seconds for all sounds to load)
- If you perceive a difference of loudness such as you can't properly evaluate a pair of sounds, select also Prob.
- Do the test in a quiet place.
- Use absolutely headphones or earphones.
- Verify that the sound level is loud enough to hear the sound details properly.
- Please, take the time to listen !
- No need to try to find a repetition or order among the sounds. There is none. Their order is randomized.
The sounds used in this test are under Copyright © 2017 Ircam, Institut de recherche et coordination acoustique/musique.