Controlled Artificial Mouth for Reproducible Experiments on Brass Instruments
[2005-2009] This first movie (avi) (Internship of B. VERICEL) illustrates some of the first capabilities of the Robotised Artificial Mouth in 2009:
This work has been initiated during the (now over) CONSONNES Project from the French National Research Agency.
- 1. Initialisation of actuators
- 2. Airflow control: first bifurcation (threshold of self-sustained oscillations, note 1) and second bifurcation (note 2)
- 3. Mouth position control (precision 5 micro-meters): exhibition of bifurcations due to the "press hold" of the mouthpiece on lips.
- 4. Bifurcations due to the (controlled) water volume in the lips (latex chambers).
- 5. Applying a sinusoid on the mouth position generates vibrato-like behaviours.
 This second movie (avi) (Internship of N. LOPES) shows the robot playing notes (with no feedback-loop for the pitch correction)
++33 (0)1 44 78 48 24
++33 (0)1 44 78 15 40