Currently, I work at the Center of Advanced Sound Technologies of Yamaha Corporation. I was previously collaborating at the research staff of the Music Technology Group (MTG) from the University Pompeu Fabra in Barcelone. I'm also PhD. candidate of the Analysis & Synthesis Team of the Institue for Music/Acoustic Research and Coordination (IRCAM) in Paris.
As academic background, I hold an Electronics and Communications Engeneering diploma by the Autonomous University of Guadalajara (UAG) and Master Degrees in Telecommunications by the CINVESTVAV-IPN and in Digital Systems and Signal Processing by the University of Rennes I. I'm currently attending the PhD. degree from the Pierre and Marie Curie University of Paris.
- Spoken/Singing Voice Conversion
- Spectral Envelope Modeling
- Speech Synthesis
- Speaker characterisation
- Full-Quality Voice Conversion based on Mel-Frequency Scaling and Principal Components. Submitted to the IEEE's International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal processing, 2010 (ICASSP'10). (2010).
- . Submitted to the IEEE Transactions on Audio, Speech and Language Processing (special issue in Voice Transformation). (2010). On Improved Spectral Envelope Modeling and its Application to High-Quality Voice Conversion
- IEEE's International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal processing, 2009 (ICASSP'09). (2009). Applying Improved Spectral Envelope Modeling for High-Quality Voice Conversion.
- Extending Efficient Spectral Envelope Modeling to Mel-Frequency Based Representation. IEEE 2008 International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal processing, 2008 (ICASSP'08). 1625-1628. (2008).
- All-Pole Spectral Envelope Modelling with Order Selection for Harmonic Signals . IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal processing, 2007 (ICASSP'07). 1, I-49 I-52. (2007).
- On Cepstral and All-Pole Based Spectral Envelope Modeling with Unknown Model Order. Pattern Recognition Letters. 28(11), 1343-1350. (2007).
- Improving LPC Spectral Envelope Extraction of Voiced Speech by True-Envelope Estimation. IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing, 2006 (ICASSP'06). (2006).